When deciding what material to build your new fence, you have alternatives.
In this article, we compare wood versus aluminium wood-look materials. Today, there is no compromise in the appearance and range in aluminium wood-look systems so the decision lies in costs and on-going maintenance.
Disadvantages of using wood:
- It is difficult to work with and heavy
- Jointing is difficult and may not look the best if you’re not a skilled carpenter
- It will warp, shrink and go out of shape over time
- It is prone to splitting and rotting if not regularly treated
- It fades and is deteriorates when exposed to the natural elements particularly if you’re close to the ocean
- Treated wood is toxic
- Wood supports combustion
- Regular sanding and re-application of paint or varnish is required over the lifetime of wood to maintain it and reduce deterioration
- The time and materials required to maintain the appearance of wood over its lifetime adds up to considerable ongoing cost
- If not maintained a wood fence look run down and ugly in your backyard.
Advantages of using a DiYAS aluminium wood-look slat fence system:
- It is light and easy to cut and work with
- Jointing is made easy and neat with all screw fixings concealed with clever snap on cover strips
- It’s simply maintenance free
- It will not warp, shrink and go out of shape over time
- It will not split or rot
- It will not fade or deteriorate with exposure to the natural elements, even if near the ocean.
- It is not toxic and is environmentally friendly.
- An aluminium wood look slat fence does not support combustion.
- An aluminium wood look slat fence does not require ongoing re-application of paint or varnish and will maintain it appearance over its lifetime, saving time and money
- If not maintained an aluminium wood look slat fence continues to look great and enhance the appearance of its surroundings.
The winner is!
In the long run, there is a clear winner in aluminium wood-look slat fences saving not only costs but time in ongoing maintenance. Why not spend your time enjoying the good thing in life!